Friday 16 November 2012

Batchelor Bay Park [PPR: Local's Perspective]

Access via stairs off of Marine Dr.

To me, Batchelor Bay Park is mostly just the shortcut to Whytecliff. When I think of Batchelor Bay Park, I think of stairs.


And stairs.


And more stairs. 


And those aren't even all the stairs. It is important to note that if you walk down the stairs to get to Batchelor Bay, you will have to walk back up them.

Like I said, I usually just walk straight through Batchelor Bay without stopping on my way to Whytecliff Park, but I guess it could be nice to stop and spend some time there.


It is really pretty. What I couldn't capture on camera was the remarkable semi-circular-ness of the bay. It's quite a spot. People keep their boats here for a good reason.


Around the Horseshoe Bay area, the question that always gets asked when you're hanging out with friends is "Which beach should we go to tonight?" Batchelor Bay doesn't usually end up being the choice, but maybe it should be from time to time.

PPR
Good: boats!, view, semi-circle
Bad: stairs, not many places to sit, it's right beside a gated community which kind of puts an aura of lame over everything
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment