Friday 7 September 2012

Burley Drive Park

Located at Burley Dr & Mathers Ave.

Burley Drive Park is another one of those playground/ tennis court combinations tucked just underneath the highway like Cedaredale and Westridge.  From my experience with those other two, I assumed that the playground equipment at Burley Drive would be equally skimpy. Fortunately, I was wrong.

Whoever designed the Burley Drive Park playground went all out.

There's swings for big kids


and for babies.


There are not one, but two teeter-totters,


a set of bars that would probably be a lot more fun for people more skilled than Douglas and I,


and a pirate ship!!!


There's also a tennis court, but those all look the same and I don't care about them much.

I know several families with young kids who end up as regulars at certain playgrounds. They're all starting to get bored with the ones they know, but I don't think any of them know about Burley Drive Park. This is a hidden gem of a playground that could be a great change of pace for a 5 year old who is so over John Lawson.

PPR
Good: playground, tennis court, on a quiet street
Bad: no slide
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment